The WEIRD Goes virtual!
What a WEIRD year 2020 has turned out to be!
Because of COVID-19 and wanting to keep our community safe, we have decided to cancel the in-person West End Indoor Race Day event on December 5th.
The West End Health Foundation still wants to promote health in the West End of Marquette County and raise money for the non-profits, Start The Cycle and RAMBA
. So instead, we will be doing a fun, non-competitive virtual event!
If you do not wish to do the virtual event, you can donate your registration fee to us so we can give the proceeds to Start The Cycle & RAMBA.
If your team opts to do the virtual event here is how it will go:
- Step 1. Opt to do the virtual event on RunSignUp and encourage your teammates to do the same!
- Step 2. Pick up your team’s T-shirts any day after October 30th at West End Ski and Trail (see their website for hours) then distribute to your team members.
- Step 3. Get together with your team anytime between October 31st and December 5th. Take a picture or video of your team getting WEIRD in your event T-shirts! Ride bikes on the RAMBA trails or the Iron Ore Heritage Trail, ride your trainer in your living room, or rent a fat bike from West End Ski and Trail and get out in the snow! And those are just some examples. Be creative and have fun! Maybe you can make a sign with your team’s name, or wear funny costumes. *If you can’t get together with your team in-person, you can make a collage or do multiple photos.
- Step 4. Tag The WEIRD on Facebook in your video/photo and you will be entered to win one of our great prizes for your team!
- Step 5. If you would like to add more people to your team, or have them create a new team, we are allowing new registrations until October 29th!
Link to RunSignUp registration website: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Ishpeming/WEIRD
Your response for registration is required by October 29th, or your registration fee will automatically be donated.
The West EndIndoor Race Day, better known as The WEIRD, is cyclists racing bikes mounted on trainers! The event will be held Saturday, March 14th at the Ishpeming Armory. As we plan for this upcoming event, we are proud to announce ALL of the funds raised will return to the community through the continued work on our trails and getting at risk kids involved in a healthier lifestyle through biking.