WEST END HEALTH FOUNDATION GRANT APPLICATION – Instructions
Thank you for submitting a proposal to the West End Health Foundation (WEHF). All portions of the application must be typed and completed in a font size of 10 point or larger. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit applications in electronic form at westendhf.org.
Proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 1 OR OCTOBER 1. Proposals delivered after this deadline will not be considered.
The minimum grant request is $1000, and the maximum is $10,000 per grant cycle. In extraordinary cases, applicants may receive a grant award in the Spring and Fall grant cycles, but the Foundation generally only funds one grant request from each organization per year.
If your project is one that would benefit from a multi-year proposal, this project and the rationale for a multi-year grant should be discussed with Foundation Manager Pam Christensen.
The West End Health Foundation will not fund grants for
- Terrorist Activities
- Churches and religious organizations to benefit their own members or to promote a specific religion or religious viewpoint
- An individual
- Sponsorships for special events, telethons, performances or advertising activities. The WEHF does accept sponsorship requests related to programs and projects supporting health and wellness. Sponsorship requests should be sent to the WEHF business office.
- Legislative lobbying to support a candidate or political proposal
- Debt retirement
Questions concerning the West End Health Foundation or the WEHF Grant process should be directed to Foundation Manager, Pam Christensen at email@example.com or at (906) 204-7410.
WEST END HEALTH FOUNDATION GRANT APPLICATION REQUIRED ELEMENTS
- WEHF Grant Application Cover Sheet
- WEHF Grant Application Narrative
- Purpose of Grant
- Grant Evaluation
- Grant Budget Form
- Grant Certifications-Must be signed by the organization’s Executive Director, Chief Operating Executive or Officer, School Superintendent, City Manager, Township Manager, Board of Directors President or Chair or other legally recognized official representing the organization.
WEHF GRANT APPLICATION
Spring Cycle – Capital, Facilities and/or Equipment
Please Note: Use the following to complete the Grant Form Below.
WEHF Grant Application Narrative
Purpose of Grant
- Please describe the identified need for this project and what problems will be addressed? (150 words)
- Are other organizations in the community addressing the same need? How does your program differ from other programs? (75 words)
- Is your organization collaborating or partnering with other organizations to address this need? If so, what are the other organizations and how will you collaborate? (150 words)
- Has your organization received monetary support for this project from other foundations, corporations or other funding sources? Are funds from your organization being used to support this project? (150 words)
- Has your organization received grant funds from the West End Health Foundation in the past?
- If the WEHF does not fully fund this project in the amount requested, what will happen? Will the program still be implemented? How will the project be modified? What portions of the project can be implemented with a reduced grant? (200 words)
WEHF Grant Project Evaluation
- What are the project Goals, Objectives, project timeline and Action Plan? (100 words)
- How will you determine the success of the project? What evaluation criteria will you use? Please explain your measurement and evaluation tools. What SMART data will you collect? (SMART is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely) (150 words)
- What will be your promotion and publicity plan for this project? How will you acknowledge the support of the WEHF? (100 words)
Grant Budget Form – Instructions
Agency Contributions column should list the actual dollar amount of revenue your project will receive from your organization to fund this program.
Other Contributions column should list the actual dollar amount of revenue your project will receive from other sources; donations, fund raising, grants other than WEHF, partner organizations, government fees or grants, program service fees, etc. These revenues will only be used to fund this program.
WEHF Grant funds should appear under the Foundations/Grants line in revenues. The amount listed should equal the amount you are asking for to support this program in your grant application.
Total Program Income should include all funding you anticipate receiving to implement this program. This amount should match the Total Project Cost you use in this grant application.
Agency Contributions column should list the actual dollar amount of expenses your project will spend using your organization’s own funds.
Other Contributions column should list the actual dollar amount your organization will spend from funds that are generated from other sources; donations, fund raising, grants other than WEHF, partner organizations, government fees of grants, program service fees, etc. These expenses will be used to fund this program.
WEHF Grant funds should be broken down by the expense column categories. The expenses should equal the total amount you are requesting from WEHF.
Total Program Expenses should include all funding you anticipate spending to implement this program. This amount should match the Total Project Cost you use in this grant application.
Total Agency Operating Budget-The total annual budget for your organization.
This application must be signed by the Agency or Organization’s Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, City Manager, Township Manager, School Superintendent, Board Chairperson or President.
I certify to the best of my knowledge that:
The tax-exempt status of this organization is still in effect
This organization will use any grant funding in accordance with the requirements of the West End Health Foundation
If this program is not implemented, all grant funds will be returned
This proposal is complete. Incomplete proposals will not be considered
This proposal will be submitted in electronic form prior to 5:00 p.m. on April 1 or October 1
All previous project reports for grants received from the WEHF have been submitted
If our organization is awarded grant funds, we will file grant reports as required.